Monday, March 30, 2009
It suddenly hit me when I was watching tonight's episode of "24" that Jonas Hodges is NY Yankees owner George Steinbrenner. Let's review the evidence:
1) Hodges likes to get down in the clubhouse with the grunts, personally making decisions that your typical CEO would leave to middle-management.
2) He talks a lot about people being "a patriot."
3) He loves to wear light jackets.
4) He seeks to build his own sovereign empire.
5) He obtains chemical weapons (please make your Jason Giambi/A-Rod/Jose Canseco joke here).
In addition to my epiphany re: Hodges, not much else happened tonight. Hodges' manservant Greg Seaton (or Brian Cashman for you baseball geeks) pulled a nifty double-cross on Almeida, which elicited some of Carlos Bernard's best glares in recent years. And if facial expressions could tell a story, Renee Walker's teary-eyed meandering in tonight's episode proved that she "hearts" Jack Bauer in a big way.
And as for Jack- it's something to finally see what the guy prefers in the underwear dept. Assuming he hasn't changed his drawers all day, Jack was rocking the $.99 white boxers a la Walmart when he went before Congress at the beginning of this "day." See, further proof that Jack is a badass- he wore white undies while testifying about torturing terrorists- he has nothing to hide whatsoever.
Tonight was yet another set-up to something bigger happening next week. While we didn't get any kills or 'splosions, there's still some great comedic material to work with regardless (someone said "Posse Comitatus" for crying out loud!). Check back soon!